Monday, May 26, 2008

WICHITA/BOISE/DENVER/RAIN FEST.... TOUR IS OVER...

5/21: Wichita, KS - We got into Wichita super early so we got a hotel. The place let us do an early check in so that was cool to just hang out and catch up on some much needed rest. I guess there was a bunch of confusion about the show that night. It got moved from Hutchinson, KS to Wichita, KS. No one knew where the new venue was so all day we were trying to figure it out. We eventually figured it out and made our way down there for show time. We played this Eagles Hall last year with Modern Life Is War and it was fucking awesome so I was pretty excited about the show. The last time we were at that place we had the most epic firework battle with MLIW. They obviously lost because we are good at that kind of shit. Right when we showed up the show we did the usual load in/find a liquor store/make friends/party. Spencer and I caught a ride to the liquor with our friend Walker who we had met the last time we were in Wichita. We picked up some High Life 32's and made our way back to the venue. I always get caught in these wild situations where 10 minutes before we are about to play I am sitting in the van trying to hurry up and chug my beer. Whenever that happens I always end up throwing up. So literally 2 minutes before we are about to kick into our first song I can feel the foam coming up throat. I ran to the door and the second I got outside puke was flying everywhere. I got it all out of my system and went back into the gig. The show was fucking rad. A bunch of kids from Oklahoma drove out to the show. Blood was flying everywhere. Everyone that had a white shirt that night left with spots of red on their shirt. After the gig we went back to the hotel and I passed out.

5/22: Denver, CO - The next morning we woke up hella early and made the drive to Denver, CO. I was so siked to be heading further and further west. The weather was starting to get brutal. Some friends of mine from back home told me that California was basically a living hell because it was so fucking hot. Denver is always good to us. We have made tons of friends there through out the years so going there is always a blast. Right when we showed up we were greeted with open arms. Our friend Joey owns a pizza shop in Denver called Benny Blancos so he came through with 3 extra large cheese pizzas and a salad for the vegan. The pizza was so good. You should go get a slice if you are ever in Denver and looking for some good pizza. Theres nothing I appreciate more than people helping out bands on tour. No one has to do it so when they do help out its much appreciated. The gig that night was cool. I could barely breathe for some reason so I was having a pretty rough time. Right when we finished playing we had to load up fast and make the 12 hour drive to Boise, ID. I slept in the loft that night while Spencer and our roady Jason T made the drive. In the middle of the night I woke up because I heard people yelling and all this shit. I guess we were sliding down the freeway because we hit a patch of black ice. That shit is pretty fucking scary. The next day The Carrier told us they hit some black ice around the same area. Sketch...

5/23: Boise, ID - We got into Boise around noon and went over to Spencer's friend Sara's apartment. We all got showered up and caught some sleep after the hell drive we had that night. Sara and her room mate were kind enough to make us some corn on the cob (random.. but good). There was a bunch of confusion about the Boise show as well. It was the same deal. The show got moved and no one really knew where it was or what was going on. We eventually figured out where it was and made our way over there after chillin all day. It was a house show in a pretty nice neighborhood so I didn't think it was going to work out but it ended up going fine. No cops came to break up the party. We played in a tiny garage. Tons of kids came and packed it in up front. Singalongs were in full effect. I dove off of Garrett's guitar cab and smashed my back on the water heater. It didn't feel to good. There was some wild characters at the show. There was a girl with a shaved head/super short mohawk. She was going nuts. She had this wild flame swimsuit top on and she was slammin around the garage like Mudvayne was playing. She came up to us afterwards and said something along the lines of "You guys were great. I know a set is great when my titties pop out because my titties never pop out". It was pretty weird but it brought some good laughs. After the show was over we loaded up and made the drive to Seattle, WA for Rain Fest. The drive was about 8 hours and the fest started at 2 so we drove that night to make sure we would make it to the fest on time.

5/24-5/25: The Northwest(RAIN FEST) - We got into Seattle at 9 in the morning. We went over to our friend Harris's house to hang out before the gig. We chilled out there for awhile then once everyone was ready we went into the city. 2 of the people with us have never been to Seattle before so the first thing we did was go to Dicks for some burgers then over to the Lusty Lady. Going to the Lusty Lady is a must if you are in Seattle. After everyone released some tension we wandered around the city for a few hours before heading to Tacoma for the fest. We hadn't played the NW in about a year so I was super siked to play. The fest was awesome. It was a long day. It was so long that I got drunk then sobered up then got drunk again then sobered up again then had a hang over then got drunk again. A bunch of friends bands from Northern California played so it was cool to hang out with them since we haven't seen them in awhile. Shout outs to Ceremony/Sabertooth Zombie/Life Long Tragedy/Skin Like Iron. Those four bands killed it. Our set was wild. It was a great way to end our 2 month spring tour. The northwest is a fun place to gig. I love it up here. After the show we got a hotel and passed the fuck out. The next morning we got some food at Quickies in Tacoma. That place never fails. It is a vegan restaurant with some of the best food around. We got there just in time for brunch. After filling our stomachs we made our way over to the show. That day was spent just getting fucked up to be honest. We didn't have shit to do. Tour is over. I watched a ton of bands kill it. Northern California was in full effect. After Ceremony played Zed, Ross and myself decided to climb this crazy factory behind the venue. I was so drunk that it probably wasn't a good idea but we did it anyways. There is a great view of the city up there so if you're ever at The Viaduct in Tacoma you should go climb all over that factory. After fucking around for an hour or so we all went over to our friends house and hung out. It was a party. I went to go make a phone call outside and I fell face first on the ground. It was about that time I decided I should just go pass out in the van. I woke up today with the worst hang over ever. Rain Fest as a whole was fucking awesome and I'm glad we got a chance to be apart of it. Tour is now over. I'm sitting at our friends house in the Seattle area hanging out. We are going to make the drive back to Sacramento on wednesday for now we are just enjoying a break. We will be heading to europe in about 3 weeks. If you live in europe you should come check out a show. It is our first time overseas so show us a good time. I'll be updating this blog with crazy stories while I'm at home. Home life is just as crazy as tour life....

We put up a new song from our upcoming LP.. It's called "Dig"... If you haven't had a chance to listen to it yet you should go do that right now... www.myspace.com/trashtalkfu

Thanks America for making this Spring tour so good... It was a fucking blast and I can't wait to get back here in July and do it all over again.. Shout outs to Nick Fit/Jason T./Trapped Under Ice/Coliseum/Victims/The Carrier and Hostage Calm...

Hope all is well with you and I'll see you soon...

-L