Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Babble in CA

At approximately 4:15 this morning, with yours truly at the helm, the Trash Talk cheese bus broke the invisible line between Oregon and the greatest state in the union... CALIFORNIA. I'm currently sitting in a plush, reclining leather computer chair on the outskirts of downtown Sacramento eagerly awaiting my 6 hour bus ride home to Bakersfield. The short jaunt pales in comparison to a great portion of the drives we had to make over the last few months. This tour was both exhausting and exhilarating and as my time away from home is growing shorter, I'm gonna miss the road.

I already miss:
*Garold, Elroy, Deshaun, JT and Fit
*Waffle House
*Surprise party favors
*TUI
*Victims
*Late night beers with complete strangers
*Friends new and old across the country
*Twink Talk with Jason T
*Noising the freaks of your town from the comfort of our van
*Cici's


I will not miss:
*Sleeping on the floor
*Riding in a hot van for 8 hours with a hangover
*Not showering
*Starving


Like usual, the positives outweigh the negatives and all is well in the world. If we missed your town this time, we'll be there soon. If we've already been to your town we'll be back. The past 78 days have been incredible, though I think I speak for everyone when I say it feels good to be home.

-S

No comments: