Thursday, May 15, 2008

DETROIT/CHICAGO/MILWAUKEE...

After our Cleveland rager we made our way to Detroit. I've always wanted to go to Detroit and do some wild shit. Detroit has always seemed like a place where you can get away with anything. We got to the gig early and loaded in before Victims(which is pretty wild cause those dudes are on top of their shit). We played a place called The Magic Stick. It was a super cool venue. Right when we got inside we were greeted by some very nice people. This lady named Ramona(Sorry if I spelled that wrong) took very good care of us. I believe she books for Death Before Dishonor so our friend Benny gave her a call ahead of time and let her know we wanted to rage. They gave us some pizza and cases of beer. Which is always the best. This venue has a bowling alley attached to it so we bowled a few games before the gig. I don't know whose idea it was but the bowling teams ended up being black vs. white. I can't bowl worth shit. Spencer was throwing strikes every other turn it was an intense game. After bowling we made our way up to play. This venue is HUGE... Right when I walked in the first thing I thought was holy shit this is going to be pretty weird. I was wrong... The show was fucking awesome. The place filled out/kids packed up front/stage dives were in full effect. My goals for Detroit that night were to meet a gang of juggalos and light a trash can on fire. I didn't get to light a trash can on fire but I did meet a juggalo who goes by the name CLOSED CASKETS. Shout outs to him for making my night. After the gig we loaded out and met a bunch of rad homeless people from around the way. We had dudes singing songs and rappin. We tried to get some contact info so that we can hit em up for a possible release on TTC but they weren't feelin it. They just wanted some change. After we were all loaded up we decided to make the five hour drive to Chicago that night...

Our road warrior friend Nicholas Fit did the whole drive. I woke up and we were there. We stayed at Spencer's friends house. We always stay there when we go to Chicago. Staying there is always a breath of fresh air. Her house is super nice. It's some crazy penthouse with a deck that looks over Chicago. We didn't do shit before the Chicago show the next day except for lay around and catch up on some much needed rest. After hanging out all day we got in the van and headed to the gig at Ronny's. The venue was cool. The show was originally supposed to be at a place called Reggie's Live but since Coliseum dropped off a few of the dates it got moved to Ronny's. I was told that Ronny's never does all ages shows so it was pretty cool that they made it work for Victims and us. They gave us a bunch of drink tickets and we got fucked up. The show was cool it was a wild mix of people. Shows like that are always the best. Three songs into our set I dove off of some speaker and landed flat on my back with the mic directly under me. It didn't feel to good. Luckily the sound guy was cool about his mic grill being smashed and only charged us 15 bucks. After the show Spencer and I were sitting at the bar hanging out when we met a dude named Dillion. He owns a cab company called Emperor cabs based out of Chicago. We started talking about touring, weed, guitar cabs and overall cool shit. After hanging out for a few he offered Spencer a mushroom chocolate. Of course Spencer took it and within a few hours he would be feeling the wrath of it. We hung out for a few then loaded up the van and headed back to Spencer's friends apartment. I'm not going to speak on what happened at the apartment. I'll just say that the mushroom chocolate Spencer ate was in full effect and sent him into another world. It was entertaining to watch. The next morning we woke up early and headed down to the Emperor shop to check it out and smoke some blunts with our dude Dillion. It's a crazy spot in a basement. The place has everything you can possibly imagine. We smoked a blunt and a bowl topped off with some keif. I don't really remember much after leaving the shop because I was so high. I just know that we had some good Chicago deep dish pizza. After eating we headed back to the house and picked up the rest of the dudes and made our way to the show in Milwaukee, WI.

I made the drive to Milwaukee. I drove like shit because 1. I don't have my license and 2. I was still pretty high from all of our adventures earlier that day. We showed up the show right before doors and loaded our gear in. The place was a cool art space. This band High On Crime played. I believe it was their singers last show with them before he moves to San Francisco so tons of people came out. My friend Jesse from Berkeley, CA moved to Wisconsin a few months ago to go to school. He came out to the show so that was cool because I haven't seen him in awhile. It's always good to catch up with old friends. After all the gear was inside and the merch was set up Spencer and I made our way down to the liquor store to get some forties. The liquor store had some good prices. 2 dollars out the door. We headed back to the show with our forties and drank them in the Victims van right before we played. I was already feeling like shit all day from that deep dish pizza and all of that weed. I caught a horrible taste in the back of my mouth from that King Cobra forty and I knew I was going to throw up any minute. 5 minutes before we played I hit the bathroom. The second the door shut I started puking everywhere. It was a gross throw up session filled with deep dish pizza and King Cobra. I got through it and hit the stage. The show was wild. A bunch of coremen came out and raged the place. Victims played after us and killed it. They blew some fuses from raging the place so hard. After the show was over we loaded up, said our goodbyes and got on the road heading towards Minnesota. We made it about 15 minutes down the highway before we realized no one wanted to drive so we stopped and got a hotel. We all caught some good sleep and showers. I am currently sitting in this hotel room waiting for everyone to finish up their bullshit so we can get out of here. I just had a waffle downstairs at the breakfast station in the lobby. It was the best waffle I have ever made. I always burn my waffles and fuck them up so I'm siked right now. Good waffle making=The start of a good day....


The show tonight is in Minnesota.. See you there..

Hope all is well with you..

-L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cobrasss
6 pack of 16 ounces for $3.25
mmf

ALARMED said...

COREMEN, hahaaaa