Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We are slackers

We have been slackin on the blog. A lot has happened since that last gig in Peoria, IL. The day after Peoria we played Bloomington, IN in a basement. The gig was going wild. Tons of kids packed in a basement raging. Then out of nowhere I was looking through people and it looked like someone had a super soaker and they were spraying everyone in the back of this basement. I was wrong. What actually happened was a main water pipe in this basement broke. Within 2 minutes we were all ankle deep in water. The basement started flooding fast. Kids were taking off their shirts trying to wrap up this pipe to stop it from spraying everywhere but it wasn't working out for them. We eventually stopped and asked the owner of the house if we should keep playing because by this time the water was getting deep. The owner of the house replied with something along the lines of "fuck yeah man tear it up" haha so we kept giggin. We got through maybe one more song before all of the power in this house went out. 100 people crammed in a flooding basement with no lights or power. Complete chaos. I think some wild dude started slapping people in the dark the second the power went out which is a really wild fucking style. Dark slapping is some epic shit. Luckily all the kids from the show helped us get our gear up and out of the basement before anything was ruined. After the basement show we bought some weed off of a wild dude who lived next door. He invited us over to join him on his 67845239412 foot glass bong. It was epic to say the least. The next day we played Cleveland, OH. A bunch of our friends came out to hang so it was rad to see all of them. The gig was gnarly too. We played on the floor at Now That's Class. Kids packed in and yelled at me. I yelled back. After the Cleveland show we had a 8 hour drive to New York. Our road dog Nick Fit held it down once again on that drive. We arrived in Brooklyn, NY around 9 in the morning. We went straight to our friend Alan's house. He put us up for the night. We had a bunch of errands to run that day in New York to get ready for our wild 3 shows in 1 day adventure. We scrambled around the city all day then finally made it to the 1st of the three giggers in NYC that night. The first show was at Club Europa in Brooklyn. Black Anvil played and they ripped. That band rules so you should check them out if you get a chance. Alpha & Omega ripped it after them. We have been on tour with A&O for a few weeks now and watching them never gets old. We played after A&O. I sang on the floor because the stage at Club Europa is about 10 feet tall and pretty awkward. The gig was rad. There weren't many people there but the ones who did come out were raging with me. I broke some bottles on the floor and stomped around in glass for a few songs. After the show I answered some questions for Rolling Stone Magazine. I thought that was a pretty weird/cool thing. Who knows. Right when the Club Europa show was over we had about 30 minutes to make it to the 2nd show of the night at the 538 Johnson Loft in Brooklyn. We loaded up fast and jammed over there. We loaded in our gear as fast as we can and gigged the gig. My friend George from the bay area was at the show. It was rad to see him. He is in New York causing mischief. I'm glad he found time in his chaotic night to come chill with us. The 538 show was rad. A bunch of kids from the Club Europa show jammed over to this show which was rad. A few kids went to all three of the shows that night which is next level rad. The 538 show was a Fundraiser show for the show space. They do a lot for that area so I figured it would be rad to try to help them out too. After the 538 show we had ANOTHER quick gear loading party. Once the van was all set we made our way over to the final show of the night at Fontana's in New York City. This last show was by far the wildest gigger of the night. The place was sold out. Our friend Derek put on the gig. It was a CMJ Showcase show which was pretty cool to be apart of. Akimbo played first and I feel like I got high just watching them. They shredded the place. We were up after them. I don't think half of the people at this place knew what to expect from us. We went straight into it hard. Kids were diving all over random show goers. Peoples beers were being knocked out of their hands by tons of slamming punkers. It was sick. I love playing these kind of shows. The kind of shows where you take tons of people completely off guard. It's like they don't know what hit them and they just stand there with their jaw dropped. We broke a bunch of shit and got through the set. After us The Bronx got up and ripped the place apart. The Bronx frontman is a wild dude on and off stage. I love it. He had some ill stage moves that were wild. He was on top of people more than he was on the floor. I can respect that. They sounded on point too. All in all the gig was fucking sick. After the show we loaded up the van AGAIN and made our way back to our friend Alan's house. We probably should have went to sleep but instead we went and bought some forties. That's the beauty of NYC. They don't stop selling beer ever. I got really drunk and passed out somewhere in Alan's house. I woke up with a bleeding head and a pounding headache. It was 100% worth it. We pulled off 3 shows in 1 day which is something I have always wanted to do. The next show was in Albany, NY. We have never been upstate before so I didn't know what to expect. We were welcomed with open arms. It was rad. They have a good thing going on up there. Everyone seems genuinely stoked on punk/hardcore. Our friend Bob Shedd came out to hang. He lives up there now and I didn't even know it so it was a pleasant surprise when he came out of nowhere. I did a audio interview that night for a webzine. Check it out here:

We are in a hotel RIGHT NOW in Tennessee and they are kicking us out because check out was awhile ago. I'll be back on here later tonight to finish this story. Boston, MA/
Dix Hills, NY/Edison, NJ/Baltimore, MD/Richmond, VA and Johnson City, Tn were all insane so I have some wild shit to type out tonight. For now go listen to that Audio Interview. You probably can't understand much of what I am saying because I mumble too much but whatever it works. Hope all is well. See you soon.



1 comment:

marzbarz said...

I really enjoy reading what you write, lee, im just a random kid from maine who blogs as well but you should check mine out.

thanks dude.